by John Reisinger
HT Chapel Library
“There are six basic principles surrounding the sovereignty of God in providence that run all the way through the Word of God and undergird its message of salvation. It is essential to understand and believe these principles in order to have a biblical understanding of God Himself and how to respond to His doings in your life. Grasping and applying these truths to your everyday life is the foundation of biblical hope that leads to true joy in the Lord...
1. God has a definite plan and purpose for the world.
2. God is always in control of all things and is constantly at work accomplishing His plan.
3. God controls and uses everyone, even the devil, in working out His plan.
4. God punishes the people that He uses to accomplish His purposes when they act out of wrong motives.
5. All things are from God, but the devil is the agent of all evil.
6. Although all sickness and affliction are part of God’s purposes and under His sovereign control, it does not follow that all sickness and affliction are necessarily chastisement for sin.”