by J. Ligon Duncan
1. Relentlessly encourage, edify & inform.
2. Ignore trolls, mockers & slanderers into oblivion.
3. Starve dissensionists, narcissists, & errorists of the attention they crave.
4. Point people to sound people & resources.
5. Exalt Christ. Bible. Grace. Truth. Gospel.
6. Stay out of food fights. Don’t lob hand grenades into serious discussions. Bring people together.
7. Be kind. Persuade (rather than rally).
8. Treat people on social media like I would treat them in person.
9. Don’t be different on social media from what I am in my life, family, church and ministry. Be the same person online and offline.
10. Don’t give inordinate attention to people whose only “platform” is social media & who elsewhere have little accountability, responsibility.