Web Designer/Graphic Designer Position at Monergism
Do you have a passion for creating great cutting edge web projects? Monergism is looking for a front-end web designer to join our Interactive group. You should be a hard-working and self-motivated individual who has proven experience in brand development.
You will be leading all design aspects of Monergismbooks.com, Monergism.com and its' planned online community, email newsletters, online advertising and collateral. This is an energetic work environment that thrives on individual creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you like to get in and get involved taking charge and driving the direction of your projects, then this is the place for you!
The ideal candidates must be extremely creative, have plenty of experience working on logos,
the Web, brochures, print collateral, and some packaging.
Ideally the candidate is based in Portland, Oregon but we are open to off-site freelance based on qualifications.
* Design web banner ads, Website creative assets and other original graphic creatives based on detailed creative briefs but also be able to offer creative direction, inspiration and ideas with little direction.
* Participate in concept development, design ideation, and detailed specification of visual
designs for user interfaces of the future and existing websites.
* Assist in developing and maintaining creative brand guidelines.
* Build entire email newsletters in HTML, including all formatting and graphics.
* Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of design process.
* Create visual designs that address business, brand, market, and user requirements,
including design and production of layouts, color palettes, typography, and GUI elements.
* Results and deadline driven - must be willing to do whatever it takes and spend whatever
time it takes to meet deadlines.
* Favors simplicity, contemporary styles and great use of white space.
* Collaborate with team manager to refine the user experience.
* Full knowledge of and ability to design for web graphic standards, standard banner sizes,
and email marketing specs.
* Education and experience: Bachelor's degree in Graphic design, Information design, Digital media design or other visual arts or equivalent experience. 3-5 Years experience as a key member of a Graphics team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications.
* Creative skills: looking for strong design skills including screen layouts, information design, and typography, and must have understanding of user-centered design principles and a great eye for detail. Able to develop new approaches to complex design problems and can convey ideas into tangible form. We require a portfolio to be submitted with your resume.
* Communication skills: Candidates must able to collaborate effectively with others in the team remotely, and be able to rationalize and present their design ideas and decisions effectively. Must be able to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
* Technical skills: Must be fluent in PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat, HTML, some knowledge of Flash, or similar graphics software. Must have solid grasp of graphic and web design principles and good understanding of current web technologies (HTML, DHTML, CSS).
* Personal Qualities:
Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
Able to work independently with little direction.
Very creative and full of designs, always looking for inspiration.
Respond via email only, including your cover letter in the body of the email and your resume as an attachment (including portfolio URL). Please use "Web Designer" as the subject of your email and address all communications to: [email protected]